Motor Insurance covers for the loss or damage caused to the vehicle due to natural and man-made calamities. It provides accident cover for individual owners of the vehicle while driving and also for passengers and third party legal liability.
Classification of Motor Insurance Policies
Third-party Liability Insurance - This type of insurance policy is mandated by law for all vehicles plying on the roads. This insurance provides protection to third-party for damages to property or injuries to individual, where the policyholder is accountable for the accident. Third-party liability insurance only covers minimal risks, and it does not protect the policyholder for damage or theft of the insured vehicle
Comprehensive Insurance - This type of insurance policy covers third-party liability, and the expenses incurred by the policyholder in the event of damage or theft of the insured vehicle. The policyholder also benefits from a personal accident cover that offers compensation if he is injured or faces death in an accident. The comprehensive insurance policy can be enhanced through add-on covers that offer extended benefits
Thus, the essential components of ‘MCOVER’ are:
- Third party liability coverage - mandated by government
- Own damage coverage
- IMT 23 (Provides coverage’s to Lamps, tyres /tubes, mudguard, bonnet, side parts, bumpers, headlights and paint work of damaged portion only) : Fully covered if Zero depreciation add on cover opted in the policy
- Zero depreciation cover - No deduction of depreciation on surveyor approved replaced parts : Fully covered if IMT 23 is opted in the policy
- Loss of income cover - Compensation for the no. of days off road for partial loss and total loss subject a max no. of days
- Return to invoice cover -This feature will ensure that in the event of an accident the customer is able to replace his vehicle even if there is price increase without any loss to him.
Benefits to Customer
- Instant Policy Issuance
- Seamless Service Across Nation
- Cash less claim settlement at authorized MTBD Workshop
- Quality Repair with Genuine Spare Parts and trained mechanics
- Faster and Fair Claim Settlement
- Assistance by 24 X 7
- Customized add on covers to reduce out of pocket expenses
- Provides additional financial protection to driver
Authorised service centres
Behind each high-performing Mahindra truck, is a dealership network that’s equally strong. Over 62 dealerships (and still counting) that are spread across India and offer a range of products and services satisfying all your trucking needs. Mahindra Truck and Bus is here to help you Outperform.