The high-performance m-POWER engine
THE HEART OF SMART.
Mahindra’s mPOWER FuelSmart engine with 7.2 L displacement has a large heart with immense reserve capacity for relentless outperformance for years to come.
Travelling through rough terrains, climbing inclined roads or carrying heavy loads over long distances. No matter what your business requires, Mahindra Truck and Bus will deliver what customer desires. This is because at their core is the world-renowned m-POWER engine. In terms of product configuration and component technology, the new m-POWER engines are some of the most modern engines in the HCV segment in India. But, there’s a lot more than just modern components that make these engines a force to reckon with.
The m-POWER engine enables Mahindra Truck and Bus to deliver maximum performance, even with a full load. The 7.2 litre, in-line, 6 cylinder diesel engine boasts of the following vital statistics:
- Delivers maximum power of 202 HP (151 kW) @ 2200 RPM
- Max. torque of 920 Nm @ 1200-1400 RPM, for superior lugging power with maximum gear changes, even on steep gradients
- Turbo with charge-air cooler for improved responsiveness and fuel economy
- 4-valves per cylinder and optimised fuel injection system make it BSIV compliant without any alter-treatment
- Directed piston cooling jets and gallery-cooled pistons help achieve maximum durability and reliability
AN INNOVATOR FOR EFFICIENCY
The m-POWER engine is one-of-its-kind in its frugal fuel consumption. It maintains high fuel economy despite its high performance as it features both a mechanical injection system with a Bosch Rotary pump as well as a high-pressure 1800 bar common-rail fuel injection system. The heavy-duty m-Power engines also bring the following innovations:
- Unique individual cylinder head design ensures lower maintenance and repair costs
- Modular cylinder head gasket for low replacement cost and ease of service
- Wet liner design for minimum replacement cost
- A water pump driven by the engine gear train instead of the belt, allowing trouble-free operation while also lowering chances of belt failure
A MILLION KILOMETRES IN TESTING
The Mahindra m-Power fuel economy engine has proven its performance (with local components) in tests which lasted a total of 15000 hrs. The testing was carried out in every possible geographic and climatic condition across India. The engine has also emerged unscathed in additional virtual strength and fault tests.
|Power||123 KW (170 HP) @ 2200 RPM||151 KW (202 HP) @ 2200 RPM||193 KW (260 HP) @ 2200 RPM|
|Torque||820 Nm||920 Nm||960 Nm|
|Max. Speed||88 kmph||85 kmph||85 kmph|